Subject: Re: Anim to Video Tips?
From: [email-masked] (Christopher Stewart)
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 1995 17:32:06 -0500

In a message dated Sat, 30 Dec 1995 03: [email-masked] writes:

J> On Fri, 29 Dec 1995, [email-masked] (Rich Comber) wrote:
J> >As a new owner of LW4.0, my goal is to develop my skills and eventually
J> >produce a demo tape of my work.  There is alot of professional experience
J> >here on this group and so ...   I'm looking for a low cost (<$500)
J> solution to >move my anims to video. 

J>  This is a serious suggestion:

J>  Buy a JAZZ drive ( 1 gig removable) and RENT output time on someone 
J> else's PVR or whatever.

     Listen to the man, this is the route I've decided to follow (I'm
on a rather severe budget too....).

     I've dragged myself away from my computer long enough to "network"
with some of the other animators in town and one (who's on the list)
actually offered to run my animations out to tape if I got them together
on a removable. Both the list here and any "media" organizations are
some of your best resources when it comes to making a demo tape. Until
you can afford a removable your animations can be previewed using
the rather shitty .anim/.avi/.qt previews. At least they will be built
and will only need tweaking when you discover your higher-resolution
mistakes <grin>.. Make sure you can get a full 30fps in the previews..

Christopher

                **********************************************
   Primordial   * Christopher Stewart   [email-masked] *    Graphics 
      Soup      *      http://www.islandnet.com/~dretch      *      WWW
   Animation    *   Home of the Lightwave 3D Search Engine   *    Training
                **********************************************

* Offline Orbit 0.73c *